Members of the AOA can apply to become a signatory to the Australian Olive Industry’s Code of Practice (now renamed as OliveCare®). An affordable single fee now covers all certified products. Did you know that over 90% of the oil produced in Australia is covered under The Code?
The take up of this Code amongst serious growers has been outstanding. The Code encompasses good grove management processes right through to high quality olive oils, flavoured oils, table olives and other olive products. Signatories are able to proudly display the well known triangle and other certified trademarks on their packaging.
The Code of Practice was developed to underpin and enhance the high quality of all Australian olive products and associated production processes. The Code provides the tools to:
- Establish authenticity and quality of Australian olive products.
- Provide security and confidence for consumers and investors in Australia and overseas in relation to Australian olive products.
- Establish a framework that encompasses good business practice with HAACP-style production controls and environmental responsibility.
- Deal effectively with complaints and;
- Establish a compliance culture within the industry in relation to the Trade Practices Act and relevant fair trading and food safety legislation.